Friday 4 July 2008

The difference between you and Banksy is...

This is where I go all blogosphere and start referencing other people's blogs:

I read Alicia Chenaux's blog, Ch'know. That's what got me into blogging. Via her blog, I joined her Ch'know group.

The other day she blogged about a fairly obnoxious sign making fun of those anti-content-theft posters you see around. It was probably supposed to be funny, but the result was just stupid.

Then last night (my time; probably quarter past brunch SL time) someone reported that this had happened outside Alicia's shop:

Yes, someone had stencilled a copy of a Banksy work and the words "GREEDY SHOP" on the pavement (sidewalk :P) outside the Ch'know shop.

The "someone" turned out to be one Hell Yifu, who at the time had this in his/her/its profile:
"I am Second Lifes banksy... piss me off and i'll piss you off."
No. You're not. Banksy creates his own works. And they're clever enough to work without being captioned. And the objective of his work is never to piss people off, but to make people aware of some deep subjects. And sometimes, be funny.

Also, Ch'know doesn't charge more than 100L for anything, and it's all really cute stuff that Alicia has made. And the top floor is full of lovingly assembled boxes of high-quality free stuff, so "greedy" is just not the right word.

You fail, Hell Yifu, or whatever your normal name is. You fail forever.

By the way I have a shop where I sell fires for $L400 each! Outrageous! Gosh, I hope no-one drops a copy of a Banksy picture outside my shop! Wow, that would suck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zeeblebob Voss is the main av for that Hell guy--
Shes throwing tantrums because people didn't think that her pro-content theft sign was funny. Weird that she picked on Cha'know though.

That sign does make me hungry though-gonna go get a big mac lol

Unknown said...

I assumed it would be, but I didn't want to tarnish Zeeblebob's great reputation without knowing for sure.